Thursday 6 June 2013

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins

Review:
After reading and loving the first book, I excitedly bought this one straight after reading The Hunger Games.
I couldn't wait. I really couldn't!

The book starts off excellent and finishes excellent. If I had chance to, I'd have read it non-stop in till it was finished, but I couldn't... :(

The plot has been really thought about. There are links throughout the book, some I was able to get, and the others only just after reading. The protagonists were also developed substantially, including the first book. You can now easily relate to both Katniss and Peeta, also the others who have similar background stories.
When they were sent back into the games, I almost cried. Not because I found it upsetting, but because Katniss found it incredibly upsetting and there was always a hint of craziness. I felt upset because it was wrote amazingly  and I could experience what Katniss was experiencing.

Doubt rose up a lot through this book. You really do have to know who your enemies are. There was always that doubt, that anger and uncertainty, and it made the book so much more better than it already was!

I was apprehensive about these books, seeing that they had came out in movie form and everyone was hyped up about it. I've read books before that have then been published into movies. The movies killed me they were so terrible. I shall have to watch the movie to see if it gives any credit for the books, and maybe post a comparison up!
  
Rating:
2.5 Degree
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment