Monday 9 December 2013

Trains

Daddy? Daddy? Where's Tommy? Why hasn't he come home? I want to play with someone. I want to play with Tommy.
Daddy? Daddy? Why is Mummy sick? She sleeps all day and all night. I never see her come out of her room. Is she hi-ber-na-ting? I learnt that today at school. Is Tommy hi-ber-na-ting too?
Sometimes I want to play with my new trains, but I won't. Tommy said he would play with me but he can't. He's on holiday. Why is Tommy on holiday, Daddy?
There's a rash on your neck, Daddy. It's red. Is it sore? Are you sick like Mummy?
Daddy? Daddy? Why does Mummy cry at night? I can hear her through the wall. But she don't want no tissue from me, she uses her pillow. Can I use my pillow, Daddy?
Daddy, you cry too. Does naughty boys and girls write nasty words on your homework too? They say I smell. Daddy? You're not smelly.
Daddy, I'll tell you the truth. I see you cry at the dinner table when I pretend to play with my trains. I'm waiting for Tommy, Daddy. Are you too?
Daddy! Daddy! Mummy came out of her room. She went into the kitchen and went into the cupboard only grown ups are allowed in.  Am I a grown up, Daddy? She said 'Go play with your trains. Be a good boy.' So I went into the sitting room and pretended to play with my trains. She took a lot of boxes out of the cupboard, Daddy, and I heard her run a bath.
Daddy, where's Mummy gone? I haven't seen her since yesterday. She must be shrivelled up like a prune. It's not fair that she can stay in the bath for so long. If she's playing with my toys, it's ok.
Daddy? Daddy? Stop crying. I won't ask any questions any more. But, has Tommy and Mummy runaway because I didn't play with my trains?  

-----
Dramatic dialogue

No comments:

Post a Comment