Wednesday 11 September 2013

Commitment Issues

So, I haven't really posted in a while. Other than that essay, and I bet you all found that riveting!

I'm going to tell you the truth, plain and simple. I have commitment issues. Now, I'm not talking about the relationship issues (because... OMG... I've never been in a relationship. So, who knows, I may even have commitment issues in that area too.) Anyway, I'm talking about the commitment issues when it comes to doing something productive, like, I don't know, finishing a novel.
I don't know if it's just me, but I can never seem to finish writing something. At the moment, I'm trying to write a novel (which hasn't got a name yet) and have only got 50 pages in. 50 pages isn't a lot. However, in comparison to the other stories I've tried to write, 50 pages is like a 5k run compared to a 1 meter run.
So, naturally, I've felt pretty proud of myself.

Although, like all good things, it has to come to an end.

(This is the part where I cry and you sympathize for me.)

I've got like 50 pages and no more. For the past few weeks, I haven't typed anymore up because I haven't been happy with what I have wrote. It's one of those things you write and then look back at it, and then absolutely hate because a three year old could do better. But - I hope - it's also one of those things where you loathe the guts out of it, but somebody else really enjoys it. So, to sum this all up, I'm in a slump.

I'd also like to speak about the fact that I start books and never finish them. Oh, wait. I already have.

I also have commitment issues for things like this. I mean, helllooo?

I've posted like zero to nill posts in the last month. You see what I mean.

Anyway, this could be the last you hear of me for a little while. So, fair well.

(That was just a precaution.)  


*Laughs nervously*

No comments:

Post a Comment